Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell at Nitte School of Fashion Technology and Interior Design established under the guidelines of National Assessment and Accreditation Council of India, initiates and maintains quality in the institution. The Cell plans activities and designs standard parameters to ensure quality enhancement. The IQAC has become a vital part of the institution’s quality assurance system and work towards ensuring quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of NSFTID.
The primary aim of the IQAC is
- To develop a mechanism to promote conscious, consistent and catalytic action plans to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
• To promote institutional quality enhancement and sustenance through the internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of the best practices.
IQAC shall evolve a mechanism and procedures for
a) Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial units
- b) Adoption of relevant and quality academic and research programmes
- c) Ensuring equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of the society
- d) Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- e) Ensuring credible assessment and evaluation processes
- f) Ensuring the proper allocation, adequacy and maintenance of support structure and services
- g) Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
a) Development and application of quality benchmarks.
- b) Setting parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- c) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty development to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- d) Collection and analysis of feedback from all the stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- d) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all the stakeholders.
- e) Organization of intra- and inter-institutional workshops and seminars on quality- related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- f) Documentation of various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- g) Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of the best practices.
- h) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing institutional quality.
- i) Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audits along with their follow-up activities.
- j) Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of NAAC. NAAC for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- a) Ensuring clarity and focus in the institution’s march towards quality enhancement.
b) Ensuring internalization of quality culture.
- b) Ensuring enhancement and coordination among the various units and activities of the institution and institutionalizing all good practices.
c) Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
d) Acting as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
e) Building a sound methodology for documentation and internal communication.
Chairperson- Dr. Sandhya Ravi
Coordinator- Mr. Arunkumar V
IQAC Members & NAAC Seven Criterion Coordinators –
Ms. Pooja Bekal
Mr. Ramesh K S
Ms. Prathims G
Mr. Shahul Hameed
Ms. Sneha M