Fashion designing is one of the most lucrative career options with a freedom to explore one’s creative bent across varied disciplines. The life of a fashion designe usually revolves around cuts, drapes and hues, allowing one to indulge in allied career options like those of fashion styling, fashion illustration and visual merchandising.
Fashion design courses equip one with the nitty-gritties of fashion, leading to a vibrant career in the industry. A course in fashion designing at Nitte Institute of Fashion Designing and Interior Designing involves training the aspirants on various aspects of the craft like patterns, drapes, tailoring, illustration, forecast, trend analysis and everything from cuts to colours. Nowadays, fashion designing courses are not merely a means to fulfilling a hobby, but an avenue to promising careers. Fresh graduates are likely to end up in highly paid and respected jobs with a freedom to create innovative designs everyday. Such courses bring impressive benefits that promise an edge over most degree courses.
Let’s have a look at some of the advantages –
1. Interesting working environment — Like most other design disciplines, fashion design students are blessed with a fun working environ. Forget monotonous lectures and lengthy assignments, picture cutting a fabric in studios while listening to music. Progressive design schools ensure practical learning in pattern labs, workshops, and photography studios to create an interesting working environment for aspirants to learn and explore.
2. Rewarding career- Today, fashion designing stands tall as one of the most lucrative career options. A rise in per capita income and increased awareness about fashion have led to a greater demand for trendy outfits and bespoke apparel. Fashion designing courses lead to a glitzy career where designers enjoy accolades as well as monetary returns. While some may work with brands and fashion houses, others may start a clothing or accessory line of their own. It is noteworthy that the Indian fashion industry is also gaining popularity abroad because of affordable labour, sustainable design techniques and excellent craftsmanship. We can see this graph going upwards in the future with more and more Indian designers and craftsmen getting an opportunity to foray into international markets.
3. Practice & application based approach to learning — Fashion designing is a form of creative expression and such a dedicated skill is mainly judged on the basis of creativity and finesse. Even though the course demands a lot of research coupled with practical know-how, admission to a design school is not necessarily dependant on unidimensional academic performance but, on an overall design aptitude.
4. Exposure to multiple environments — It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the field of fashion designing is one of the most promising ones because of its endless opportunities to travel and participate in multiple environments. Travel is a substantial aspect of a majority of fashion designing courses. From a workshop in the city to research work in another, followed by attending fashion shows for some design inspiration and trend analysis as well. Interestingly the scale of fashion designing is not only confined to the boundaries of a country but opens up doors for international exposure as well.
5. Competitive world — Let’s face it, competition encourages us to do better! With more people wanting to enter the glamorous world of fashion, competition is on an all time rise. Young designers are blooming and existing ones are trying to keep up their game. The industry is not only competitive in terms of catchy designs but also in terms of marketing strategies and yearly turnovers that keeps everyone on their toes to perform better each day and excel as great creative masterminds.
There is no dearth of opportunities for talented, hard working and enthusiastic professionals in the industry. A degree course in fashion designing brings many benefits and allows one to pursue a career not only in leading organizations, but also as an entrepreneur. However, one must not consider fashion designing a ‘No work-All play’ kind of course. This course demands strenuous effort, hard work, creativity and an undying passion for design. A well planned degree course at Nitte Institute of Fashion Technology and Interior Designing along with an exceptional learning atmosphere is surely a smart way to enter the dazzling field of fashion.