B.Sc. in Fashion & Apparel Design
If you are one among those who says that something is not right with combination of colors of dresses or something is wrong with pairing of cloths even though you can’t say that what is best or right alternative, then you are filled great untapped potential of doing great in the creative field of Fashion, Apparel design . Undergraduate program i.e, Bsc in Fashion Design is comprehensive course which equips student with the great knowledge about the art and science of fashion designing. Studying at one of the best Fashion Designing colleges in Bangalore, India makes you industry ready and fully prepared to excel at job in fashion designing industry.
Salient features of the course
- This course details the fine distinction between the science and art of apparel studies & elements of design
- Emphasizes on practical and industry-oriented methodology and training.
- Develop the hidden fashion authorities or leaders in you
- Helps imbibe aesthetic of design and create collections for the consumers.
- A comprehensive course with systematic and technical approach, research, creativity and imagination.
- Cover the vital element of design with subjects ranging from fabric analysis, understanding principles of design, fashion illustration, pattern-making and garment construction.
- Fashion is evolving phenomenon. This course integrates the very basic instinct of Fashion industry with help of trends, norms, cultural dynamics and innovations.
- Showcasing the collection on the runway is a part of this course as well.
At the end of this course, you will
- Be job ready and polished to level of delivering great fashion
- Get the complete understanding of the basics of garment construction and clothing manufacturing
- Be able to identify the trend and do fashion forecasting to help in design development
- Develop a great sense to design keeping in mind the current and future trends
- Be able to feel confident to even take up entrepreneurial activities such as setting up design studios
UNIVERSITY AFFILIATION : BANGALORE UNIVERSITY
Eligibility: For 1st Semester – II PUC or 10+2 (Arts, Science or Commerce)
For admissions in one year diploma or three year degree courses in Fashion & Apparel Design, click here!
|SEMESTER-I||Language I||Language II||Fibre And Yarn Science||Elements of Design and Fashion||Basics of Pattern Making & Sewing|
|SEMESTER – 2||Language I||Language II||Fabric Analysis||Basics of Garment Construction||Computer Fundamentals|
|SEMESTER – 3||Language I||Language II||Fashion Art Design||Pattern Making & Clothing Construction||Wet Processing||Indian Constitution|
|SEMESTER – 4||Language I||Language II||Traditional Textile Art||Historic Costumes||Entrepreneurship Development||Environmental Studies|
|SEMESTER – 5||Fashion Accessories||Garment Surface Ornamentation||Textile Testing||Apparel Production||Apparel Computer Aided Design||Fashion Business Management|
|SEMESTER – 6||Apparel Quality Assurance||Portfolio Presentation||Non Woven & Technical Textiles||Apparel Export Documentation||Shop Floor Management||Project|